Help the most vulnerable.
We Shelter, We Support, We Guide, and We Care for the most vulnerable in our communities.
Some people can’t imagine doing what we do. We can’t imagine not doing it. At Volunteers of America of Florida, we are more than a non-profit organization. We are a ministry of service with a shared vision of a world where all people live in safety with social, emotional, and physical wellbeing, spiritual fulfillment, justice, and hope. Volunteers of America have been serving those most in need across the nation since 1896 and Florida since the 1920s. Join our dedicated and talented team of employees in 18 Florida cities and make a personal and fulfilling contribution to the people we serve.
Are you ready to make a difference?
- The Development Manager is responsible for the execution of all development strategies in partnership with the Vice President of Development & Outreach. Manager is responsible for the execution of individual donor stewardship as well as strategies for corporate and foundation donors, manages the grant process as well as successfully supports fundraising events.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher preferred.
- Experience in fundraising preferred. Donor relationship skills, data entry and event experience.
- Excellent writing, communication, and organization/process management skills.
- High level of administrative self-sufficiency including computer proficiency.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize many projects with a high level of customer service and confidentiality.
- Results-oriented organization, driven by our mission to “engage Floridians in need to create positive life changes through compassionate support services”.
- Live by our Core Values: Love God and One Another, Servant Leaders, Diversity of Thought, Wellness, Resilience, Quality Practices, Accountable, Integrity, Fun, and Family Oriented.
- Proud to offer many Benefits to eligible employees including: Generous vacation and sick time, 11 Paid Holidays, Robust Wellness Plan with generous cash incentives, Pet Insurance, 83% Employer paid-based dental plan with option for buy-up plans, AFLAC Plans-Accident, Cancer with options, 100% Employer-paid Life Insurance/ADD, 100% Employer-paid Long and Short-Term Disability, H.S.A. (Health Saving Account) – High Deductible Plan, FSA (Flexible Spending Account), 403(B) retirement plan options with match, Voluntary Benefit Programs including Vision and Life/ADD Insurance (employee, spouse and dependent children), EAP – Employee Assistance Program (employees and family), FMLA, Tuition Reimbursement, Student Loan Forgiveness, ReST – Free Online Resiliency Program.
Help us realize our vision as we “strive to provide premier human services and experiences with superior results for individuals and families in need”.
Don’t wait. Apply today.
It is the policy of Volunteers of America of Florida, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, to recruit, hire and promote to all job classifications without regard to race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or any other protected class. We are a drug-free workplace.