Help the most vulnerable.
We Shelter, We Support, We Guide, and We Care for the most vulnerable in our communities.
Some people can’t imagine doing what we do. We can’t imagine not doing it. At Volunteers of America of Florida, we are more than a non-profit organization. We are a ministry of service with a shared vision of a world where all people live in safety with social, emotional and physical wellbeing, spiritual fulfillment, justice and hope. Volunteers of America has been serving those most in need across the nation since 1896 and in Florida since the 1920’s. Join our dedicated and talented team of employees in 18 Florida cities and make a personal and fulfilling contribution to the people we serve.
- Results- oriented organization, driven by our mission to “engage Floridians in need to create positive life changes through compassionate support services”.
- Live by our Core Values: Love God and One Another, Servant Leaders, Diversity of Thought, Wellness, Resilience, Quality Practices, Accountable, Integrity, Fun, and Family Oriented.
- To provide a generous benefits package that includes vacation, sick and holiday pay, Section 125 plan, 403B, HSA, Medical, Dental, Vision, and Wellness program.
Are you ready to make a difference?
- The Resident Manager in the role of Support Aide I is responsible for participant’s health and safety living as a resident in private quarters within the assigned complex. The resident manager will also provide coverage seven (7) nights per week and remain readily available throughout the entire weekend.
- High School Diploma and experience working with adult population.
- Strong communication skills required in order to effectively communicate with the public, residents and their families.
- Ability to assess and handle emergencies (within agency guidelines).
Help us realize our vision as we “strive to provide premier human services and experiences with superior results for individuals and families in need”.
Rate of Pay: Generally, this is an unpaid position. Rent and utilities are free in exchange for being available overnight and on weekends and acting as employer’s agent in looking out for the property and residents.
Don’t wait. Apply today.
It is the policy of Volunteers of America of Florida, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, to recruit, hire and promote to all job classifications without regard to race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
We are a drug-free workplace.