Help the most vulnerable.
We Shelter, We Support, We Guide, and We Care for the most vulnerable in our communities.
Some people can’t imagine doing what we do. We can’t imagine not doing it. At Volunteers of America of Florida, we are more than a non-profit organization. We are a ministry of service with a shared vision of a world where all people live in safety with social, emotional and physical wellbeing, spiritual fulfillment, justice and hope. Volunteers of America has been serving those most in need across the nation since 1896 and in Florida since the 1920’s. Join our dedicated and talented team of employees in 18 Florida cities and make a personal and fulfilling contribution to the people we serve.
- Results- oriented organization, driven by our mission to “engage Floridians in need to create positive life changes through compassionate support services”.
- Live by our Core Values: Love God and One Another, Servant Leaders, Diversity of Thought, Wellness, Resilience, Quality Practices, Accountable, Integrity, Fun, and Family Oriented.
- To provide a generous benefits package that includes vacation, sick and holiday pay, Section 125 plan, 403B, HSA, Medical, Dental, Vision, and Wellness program.
Are you ready to make a difference?
- The Community Specialist/ILC (Independent Living Coach) will be responsible for managing an assigned caseload of adults diagnosed with substance use disorders. Additionally, responsible for assessing client needs, developing, implementing and reviewing service plans, and with the Aftercare staff and other community resources in meeting/achieving client service needs.
- Must have Bachelor’s Degree in human services and 1 year experience working with adults with substance use required.
- Possess initiative and the ability to work effectively without close daily supervision.
Help us realize our vision as we “strive to provide premier human services and experiences with superior results for individuals and families in need”.
Don’t wait. Apply today.
Hourly pay rate $16.19 to $18.50 depending on level of education
It is the policy of Volunteers of America of Florida, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, to recruit, hire and promote to all job classifications without regard to race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
We are a drug-free workplace.