Help the most vulnerable.
We Shelter, We Support, We Guide, and We Care for the most vulnerable in our communities.
Some people can’t imagine doing what we do. We can’t imagine not doing it. At Volunteers of America of Florida, we are more than a non-profit organization. We are a ministry of service with a shared vision of a world where all people live in safety with social, emotional and physical wellbeing, spiritual fulfillment, justice and hope. Volunteers of America has been serving those most in need across the nation since 1896 and in Florida since the 1920’s. Join our dedicated and talented team of employees in 18 Florida cities and make a personal and fulfilling contribution to the people we serve.
- Results- oriented organization, driven by our mission to “engage Floridians in need to create positive life changes through compassionate support services”.
- Live by our Core Values: Love God and One Another, Servant Leaders, Diversity of Thought, Wellness, Resilience, Quality Practices, Accountable, Integrity, Fun, and Family Oriented.
- To provide a generous benefits package that includes vacation, sick and holiday pay, Section 125 plan, 403B, HSA, Medical, Dental, Vision, and Wellness program.
Are you ready to make a difference?
- The Program Director is responsible to ensure that the program operates in accordance with the existing contracts and agency policy. Oversee daily operations as well as develop and implement pertinent activities and participant plans The Director ensures accountability of staff and manages growth opportunities.
- Master’s Degree in human services or related field and three years management experience with special needs populations or Bachelor’s degree and five years management experience. In lieu of an advance degree, ten years of experience working with the special needs adult population with five of those years in a leadership role.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to recruit hire/onboard, coach, train, mentor and supervise.
- Administrative self-sufficiency required including computer proficiency.
Help us realize our vision as we “strive to provide premier human services and experiences with superior results for individuals and families in need”.
Don’t wait. Apply today.
It is the policy of Volunteers of America of Florida, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, to recruit, hire and promote to all job classifications without regard to race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
We are a drug-free workplace.