The Resident Manager in the role of Support Aide I is responsible for participant’s health and safety living as a resident in private quarters within the assigned complex. The Support Aide I will also provide coverage seven (7) nights per week and remain readily available throughout the entire weekend.
Credentials, Skills, Abilities, and Experience:
- High School Diploma and experience with special needs persons preferred. In lieu of experience Aide must successfully complete Volunteers of America of Florida Support Aide training program.
- Fulfill credentialing requirements per agency policy. In programs billing Medicaid services, all Support Aides will obtain and maintain FCB CBHT certification.
- Strong communication skills to effectively communicate with the public, participants and their families.
- Ability to assess and handle emergencies (within agency guidelines).
- Administrative self-sufficiency including basic computer skills.
- Possess valid Florida driver's license and safe driving record. Must meet insurability standards in order to drive.
- Maintain a safe and normalized community environment by modeling normal social development while providing on-site coverage and availability from 8 PM to 8 AM 7 days per week and the weekend. Coordinate with line staff for coverage during long-term absences to ensure continuity of coverage.
- Proactively identity and respond to participants in need of crisis intervention according to agency policy and procedures.
- Perform periodic daily property inspections including cleaning and sweeping of congregate areas as scheduled to ensure the facility is maintained in attractive and safe manner for the community at-large.
- Maintain on-going communications with line staff on participant, property or personal concerns that may impede operational excellence. Participate in staff meetings and trainings as scheduled for ongoing development.
Normal Working Hours and Conditions:
- Up to a 10 hour workweek.
- Weekend and evening availability as required.
- Residency is contingent upon employment as a Support Aide I. Employee will vacate unit within seven (7) days upon termination of employment.
Rate of Pay:
Generally, this is an unpaid position. Rent and utilities are free in exchange for being available overnight and on weekends and acting as employer's agent in looking out for the property and residents.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills.
It is the policy of Volunteers of America of Florida, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, to recruit, hire and promote to all job classifications without regard to race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
We are a drug-free workplace.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interview will be contacted.