|The Independent Living Coach is responsible for assisting in determining candidate’s eligibility, participates in developing and implementing Treatment/Life Plans based upon participant’s identified needs as well as provides quality services and referrals in order to assist participants with attaining self sufficiency. The ILC will also assist with admissions, discharge planning and property management as needed. Population is adults with severe and persistent mental illness/co-occurring with substance abuse.
Credentials, Skills, Abilities, and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in human services and 1 year’s experience with adult population.
- Fulfill credentialing requirements per agency policy.
- Organizational skills and ability to develop Treatment/Life Plans that are easily followed, measurable and attainable.
- Possess initiative and the ability to work effectively without close daily supervision.
- Ability to observe and define participant’s needs before they become problems.
- Compassion and ability to assist participants to succeed in the program.
- Administrative self-sufficiency including computer proficiency.
- Possess valid driver’s license and safe driving record. Must meet insurability standards in order to drive.
Assist participant develop and implement their Treatment/Life Plan with measurable goals that promote progress towards independent living and self-sufficiency.
Regularly review and analyze participant Treatment/Life Plan to determine progress or setbacks; respond and adjust plan accordingly.Provide supportive counseling for the prevention of relapse and psychiatric hospitalization.
Provide hands-on assistance, coaching/training and transportation to establish community linkages that support successful outcomes.
Oversee participant discharge process including but not limited to alternative housing.
Normal Working Hours and Conditions:
- 20 hour or more workweek.
- Weekends or evenings as required.
- Some travel may be required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills.
Rate of Pay:
This is a hourly position $15.19 per hour.
It is the policy of Volunteers of America of Florida, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, to recruit, hire and promote to all job classifications without regard to race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
We are a drug-free workplace.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interview will be contacted.