The Housing and Property Manager is responsible for management of day to day operations of Volunteers of America of Florida’s Manatee housing programs/ properties and offices; insuring compliance with all policies, contracts and housing regulations; utilization, rent collection and maintenance. Supervise, coach and mentor assigned staff.
Credentials, Skills, Abilities, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 2 year’s related experience or High School Diploma and 6 year’s related experience including personnel management and training. HUD 202/811 experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Green Building, energy efficiency, construction and renovation, ADA building, regulatory programs and property management skills a plus.
- Certified Occupancy Specialist, First Housing, Supportive Housing Program, and/or Veteran’s Administration Grant and Per Diem Training is a plus.
- Communicate effectively verbally and written, with strong planning, organizational and time management skills.
- Administrative self-sufficiency including computer proficiency.
- Possess a valid Florida driver’s license and safe driving record. Must meet insurability standards in order to drive.
Expand revenue sources and contacts to support housing development growth and property management initiatives.Assist in developing long-term improvement plans.
Maximize utilization and rent collection to meet outcomes.Maintain accuracy and integrity of all related housing and property data (including participant file) in relevant data management system to accordance with regulations.
Assist with pre-leasing and leasing to maintain full occupancy, local project management of active rehabilitation projects and new groundbreaking activities.
Supervise and work with maintenance staff and contractors to enhance curb appeal and maintain safe quality properties. Achieve “A” rating for all assigned properties.
Develop and implement emergency management plans, emergency interventions and property resource development procedures.
Normal Working Hours and Conditions
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills.
Rate of pay:
The salary for this position is starting $39,600.00
Generous benefits package including vacation, sick and holiday pay, Section 125 plan, 403b plan, health, dental, vision, life, disability and supplemental insurance products available.
It is the policy of Volunteers of America of Florida, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, to recruit, hire and promote to all job classifications without regard to race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
We are a drug-free workplace.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interview will be contacted.