The Sales Associate will meet and greet customers, answer phones, process transactions, handle donations and stock, help maintain a clean and orderly environment, and assist with maintaining inventory. The Sales Associate is a representative of Volunteers of America of Florida.
Credentials, Skills, Abilities, and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate. Customer service or retail sales experience preferred.
- Pleasant, friendly manner when dealing with customers.
- Demonstrated skills in use of cash register/ Ipad. Ability to make change and process credit card transactions.
- Ability to lift at least 20 pounds is required.
- Ensure that each customer is provided with courteous and efficient service.
- Advise clients or customers; answer customer or public inquiries, identify best product for customer’s needs.
- Stock or organize goods.
- Apply basic math; use cash registers, Ipad, authorize credit charges.
- Clean rooms or work area; keep department looking neat and attractive.
- Assist with marking prices and markdowns on merchandise.
- Assist with inventory.
- Perform other duties assigned by supervisor.
- Maintains store environment at acceptable levels of cleanliness and safety.
- Maintain sales records, reports and files as directed.
- Pursues professional development educational opportunities.
- Promote and maintain a positive image of Volunteers of America of Florida.
Normal Working Hours and Conditions:
- A 15 hour workweek as scheduled.
- Weekends as scheduled.
Rate of Pay:
This is an hourly position paying an hourly rate of 8.25 per hour.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills.
It is the policy of Volunteers of America of Florida, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, to recruit, hire and promote to all job classifications without regard to race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
We are a drug-free workplace.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interview will be contacted.