The Support Aide I is responsible for participant's health and safety and will reside in private quarters within the complex. The Aide will provide coverage seven (7) nights per week.
Credentials, Skills, Abilities, and Experience:
- High School Diploma and experience with special needs persons preferred. In lieu of experience Aide must successfully complete Volunteers of America of Florida Support Aide training program.
- Fulfill credentialing requirements per agency policy. In programs billing Medicaid services, all Support Aides will obtain and maintain FCB CBHT certification.
- Strong communication skills to effectively communicate with the public, participants and their families.
- Ability to assess and handle emergencies (within agency guidelines).
- Administrative self-sufficiency including basic computer skills.
- Possess valid Florida driver's license and safe driving record. Must meet insurability standards in order to drive.
- Provide on-site coverage as assigned. Persons residing onsite cover from 8 PM to 8AM 7 days per week and are readily available until 11PM and after 7AM each day.
- Monitor overnight activities in complex and be available to responde to individual's needs for crisis intervention.
- Maintain a normalized community environment for participants and model normal social development.
- Monitor medication ingestion as needed and assigned.
- Perform rounds of the property every day. Maintain the facility and furnishings in an attractive, comfortable and safe manner. Sweep congregate areas.
- Identify crisis situations and contact the staff as needed.
- Maintain accurate records of all incidents and accidents of participants/tenants as needed.
- Document face to face and telephone contacts with participants and related collateral agencies according to agency guidelines as needed.
- Ensure confidentiality.
- Maintain open communication with coworkers; apprise staff of pertinent information as needed.
- Attend staff meetings and trainings, as scheduled.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with families, neighbors, and collateral agency staff as needed and appropriate.
- Coordinate with Volunteers of America of Florida staff for coverage of long-term absence.
- If not available for brief time, inform supervisor in advance.
Normal Working Hours and Conditions:
- Up to 10 hours per week for emergencies, meetings, performing rounds, etc..
- Weekend and evening availability as required.
- Residency is contingent upon employment. As such, Support Aide I will vacate unit within seven (7) days upon termination of employment.
Rate of Pay:
Generally, this is an unpaid position. Rent and utilities are free in exchange for being available overnight and on weekends and acting as employer's agent in looking out for the property and residents.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills.
It is the policy of Volunteers of America of Florida, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, to recruit, hire and promote to all job classifications without regard to race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
We are a drug-free workplace.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interview will be contacted.