|The Job Developer actively searches job opportunities and provides job development and placement services to participants.
Credentials, Skills, Abilities, and Experience:
- Prefer a Bachelor’s Degree in human service-related field and 1 year experience working with special needs population, or High School Diploma and 4 years’ related experience. Fulfill credentialing requirements per agency policy.
- For HVRP (Homeless Veteran Re-integration Program) programs a formerly homeless veteran is preferred.
- Possess initiative, strong organizational skills and ability to work effectively without close daily supervision.
- Administrative self-sufficiency including computer proficiency.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and safe driving record. Must meet insurability standards in order to drive.
- Research and recommend employment sites, complete vocational assessments, conduct site evaluations and follow-up to facilitate job placements ahd successful employment for assigned participants.
- Conduct on-going community outreach and networking including job fairs to foster relationships with prospective employers and continuous job opportunities.
- Provide supportive vocational counseling and soft skills training and coaching within related areas. Complete all documentation and reports accurately to maintain compliance with regulations, funders and agency policy.
- Serve as performance management intermediary between participant and employer to regularly assess performance and ensure on-going success or develop strategies to improve identified problem areas.
Normal Working Hours and Conditions:
- 20 hour or more workweek.
- Weekends or evenings as required.
- Some travel may be required.
Rate of Pay:
This a hourly position at $15.57 per hour.
Company Benefits: Generous benefits package including vacation, sick and holiday pay, Section 125 plan, 403b plan, health, dental, vision, life, disability and supplemental insurance products available.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills.
It is the policy of Volunteers of America of Florida, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, to recruit, hire and promote to all job classifications without regard to race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
We are a drug-free workplace.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interview will be contacted.