|The Assistant to the Housing Community Coordinator responsible for assisting the Housing Community Coordinator in the daily operations of a HUD 202 property for low income elderly persons.
Credentials, Skills, Abilities, and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree or High School Diploma or equivalent and at least 4 years apartment management experience.
- Knowledge of state landlord/tenant rights and obligations. COS or CMH designation preferred.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and maintain good relations with residents and employees.
- Knowledge of Fair Housing Laws.
- Administrative self-sufficiency including computer proficiency.
- Possess valid Florida driver's license and safe driving record. Must meet insurability standards in order to drive.
Process new lease agreements, other pertinent documents and HUD subsidy re-certifications in compliance with regulatory specifications and Fair Housing laws.
Assume responsibility of the property in the absence of the Housing Community Coordinator to ensure continuity of program services.Provide timely and accurate submittal of monthly property expenses to accounting for approval and payments.
Ensure timely rent collections and bank processing. Report all banking and financial transactions according to agency policy and guidelines.
Inspect property regularly to ensure the building and grounds are properly maintained according to agency standards, implement work orders as needed for repair and upgrades.
Normal Working Hours and Conditions:
- 40 hour workweek.
- Occasional weekend or evening as required.
- Some travel may be required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills.
Rate of Pay:
This is an hourly position. Minimum hourly rate is 14.00 per hour.
Generous benefits package including vacation, sick and holiday pay, Section 125 plan, 403b plan, health, dental, vision, life, disability and supplemental insurance products available.
It is the policy of Volunteers of America of Florida, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, to recruit, hire and promote to all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We are a drug-free workplace.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interview will be contacted.